Clinics & Services
Clinics are run by a specially trained nurse. We encourage all asthmatic patients to attend. Please book an appointment via the admin team.
Clinics are run by a specially trained nurse. Patients who require annual reviews, should contact the admin team and book an appointment to have their blood test done a week prior to seeing the Nurse. Please mention if you are under hospital care.
Ischaemic Heart Disease
Our nurses provide a monitoring service. Please book an appointment via the admin team.
We offer a full range of family planning care and advice, including coil (IUD/IUS) and implant fitting. Patients should make an appointment with the GP to be seen in the Family Planning Clinic.
We offer a smoking cessation service, with carbon monoxide breath testing, nicotine replacement and medication prescribing, motivational support and follow-up. Please book an appointment via the admin team to see a GP.
Our nurses are trained to take routine cervical smears. It is recommended that tests are carried out:
- Every three years for between the age 24 – 49 years
- Every five years for between the age of 50 – 64 years
The nurse also offers pre-conceptual counselling, menopause advice, including HRT, and other aspects of women’s health.
Baby & Child Health
- Immunisations - baby immunisations follow a schedule and are carried out at two, three and four months old and again at 12 – 13 months old and then pre-school. Please book an appointment with a nurse. A full schedule of immunisations can be obtained from the nurse or from reception.
- Weighing Clinic - clinics are held at the Maybury Centre and Goldsworth Park Health Centre.
- Baby Checks - for eight weeks checks and assessments, please book an appointment with reception.
A phlebotomist will take blood samples on weekday mornings. Please book an appointment at reception. If a fasting sample is required, you should take only water by mouth after 21:00. the previous evening.
We offer antenatal and postnatal care.
Pneumonia and Flu Clinics
Please contact our reception to ask about flu clinics. They run yearly and usually commence in October. The service is available free to patients over 65 years of age and those in “at risk” groups.
Patients over 65 should also have a pneumonia vaccination.